Breakfast is one of those things than can get boring, quickly. Scrambled eggs and bacon, omelet, toast, bagel, blah blah. Why not do something different (and healthy!)? Baked eggs are definitely not amongst the normal breakfast options, and yes, it takes a little bit longer than throwing together “the usual”, but it’s still simple, and its totally worth it.
What to see what else I’ve got? Find more recipes for eating healthy.
Healthy Breakfast Options: Simple Oven Baked Eggs
- .5 white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- .5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- fresh oregano to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease 2 oven safe baking dishes (I use ghee or coconut oil instead of butter)
- Add some oil, onions and salt/pepper to a saucepan on low to med heat. Cook 6-8 minutes (do not brown the sauce)
- Add your garlic & cook another 2-4 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the eggs), reduce heat to a simmer & cook for 10-12 minutes
- Divide the sauce into the two oven safe bowls, top with 2 eggs and place in the oven
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (until whites are no longer transparent)
- Top with oregano to garnish and serve!